Sunday, August 29, 2010

It's a BOY!!! :-D

Monday of this past week (the 23rd) we got some fabulous, wonderful, oh-so-good news. We're going to have a SON! He's perfectly healthy, very muscular, tall, and his kicks are getting stronger each day. He was just so very nice to see on the ultrasound monitor. Both Andy and I were silent when the nurse showed us what we recognized to be the lower half of our SON! We were so surprised and excited and moved beyond words. I, personally, couldn't hold back the tears. Finding out his gender made him all the more real to us. We now have a SON to look forward to this January!

Here are some of my favorite photos from the ultrasound:

Ten perfect little fingers waving hello! (future musician??)

Our boy's got muscle! (future athlete??)

Profile and cute, little nose.


We just loved seeing our little BOY and are already busy planning his nursery, flipping through lists of boy names, and picking out adorable outfits for the little guy. Andy's been busy researching cloth diapers and this weekend we spent time in Babies 'R Us trying out all the different types of strollers. So many options!!

I'm doing pretty well, although still struggling with "morning" sickness which lasts all day on rough days. My growing pelvis is now pushing on a nerve that causes burning pain in my right thigh when I stand/walk, so I spend more time sitting than I'd like. Being over halfway through the pregnancy, though, has changed my attitude for the better. Seeing our sweet baby boy on the screen and feeling his kicks each day reminds me that this is an overwhelming blessing. I am so very thankful that God has given us this child and if my temporary discomfort will ensure that he is born healthy and happy, it is all worth it! :-)

Thanks for being a part of our journey to parenthood. We are beyond thrilled to meet our son in January!

1 comment:

  1. This might make me a blog creeper, but I followed your link on facebook and should first say, congrats! I'm here in Denver too and thought that I'd refer you to the store Ecopolitan in Bel Mar. My friend Julie works there and they sell all sorts of cloth diapers and accessories. I hear they're very knowledgeable too!

    PS I also have a blog at ilashley.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete