Friday, October 22, 2010

10~10~10!

Continuing with my nostalgia, I would be remiss if I didn't mention a wonderful wedding that occurred in Virginia on the fetching date of 10/10/10.  When I think of my childhood, there are a few people that come to mind whose presence in my life was major:  my parents, of course, the "Rayford Jr's" (Mom's brother and his wife and daughter), a couple of close church friends, and Erin who lived two doors up the street from us on Chancellor.  Erin and I are loooong time friends who met on our big wheels (Erin's was Cabbage Patch Kids themed and for some reason I can't remember mine) at the age of four.
Yeah, 80's flashback!

Erin and I are not ashamed to admit that we were Barbie girls.  We each owned Barbie's Dream House and about a hundred or more Barbies with multiple outfits and brushes.  (And for those of you Barbie lovers out there, did you ever actually get any of Barbie's shoes to fit and stay on?  Total waste of an accessory, if you ask me.)  All throughout our childhood we would take turns playing at each other's houses: from Barbies to swing sets, pool parties to sleepovers with scary movies, burning tea bags (true story) to practicing moves for color guard.  We trick-or-treated as witches several Halloweens in a row and then later in life filled pumpkin themed trash bags with newspaper to wear with green tights and parade around the neighborhood with our friend Alexa as pumpkins one especially cold year.  Yes, plenty of embarrassing photos exist of us that I will not share with you now... maybe later;-)
 Best Christmas present EVER! ;-D

Alas, after much tribute to our *gasp* 25 years of friendship I come to the weekend of October 10th, 2010 when Erin got married to a great guy by the name of Eamon.  I was honored to be a part of the wedding and it was such a wonderful weekend of reconnecting with Erin, her family, Alexa, and other friends.  What a joyous occasion!  Here are a few of my favorite photos from the weekend:
Me and Brady (6 months pregnant!) getting ready for the rehearsal.
(Left to Right) Alexa, Maid of Honor, and Erin, Bride!
Erin and Eamon - the happy bride and groom:-)
Wedding Day!

Gorgeous dress.
Glamour Bride
It was a special day full of Ritz-Carlton classiness, fond childhood memories, happy tears, good friends, and a whole lot of celebrating one terrific couple!  Here's to you, Erin, and may this new chapter of your life be only the best:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment